Welcome to Soroptimist!
- We are currently accepting applications for our 2014-2015 Service Grants! Please submit your online application by February 15, 2015. Description and rules are on the application page.
- Tickets for our annual fundraiser, Texas Hold'em Night, are now available for purchase. You can click on the PayPal links to the right. Tournament and Event tickets are currently $50 and $30, respectively, but prices will go up to $60 and $40 on Feburary 15.
Who We Are
Members of Soroptimist International of Davis are active business and professional women who donate their time and resources to improve our community through service to others.
President Robin Souza Invites You to Join Soroptimist and Make a Difference
Our membership chair would like to invite you to lunch on us to get acquainted... About our meetings, where we meet, what we do, who we are, our history...
WHAT: Picnic in the Park - come see us at the Beer & Wine Booth
WHEN: Wednesdays 4:30 to 8 p.m. - March through October
WHERE: Central Park, Davis
WHO: Proceeds to benefit civic and community programs in Yolo County
WHAT: Texas Hold 'em Night
WHEN: Saturday, March 14, 2015
WHERE: Odd Fellows Hall, 415 Second St., Davis
WHO: Proceeds to benefit local emancipated foster youth programs
Learn About Our Community Service
The name Soroptimist is a coined name meaning "best for women." Read more...
Soroptimist International is the largest classified business and professional women’s service organization in the world. The organization has more than 100,000 members in 115 countries. Its mission is to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world.
Soroptimist International of Davis was chartered in 1954 and boasts more than 40 active members who come together for friendship and to serve the community. Each year, the club awards an average of $14,000 in service grants:
- Violet Richardson Award Application: For girls ages 14-17 who have a worthy volunteer project (was due December 1, 2014)
- Live Your Dream Award: Grant for female heads of houshold seeking funds for education or skills training (was due November 15, 2014)
- Service Grants Application (due February 15, 2015)
The Soroptimist Pledge
I pledge allegiance to Soroptimism, and to the ideals for which it stands: the sincerity of friendship, the joy of achievement, the dignity of service, the integrity of profession, the love of country. I will put forth my greatest effort to promote, uphold and defend these ideals, for a larger fellowship in home, in society, in business — for country and for God.